Dark Quotes – The beauty of the moon and stars is visible only when there is darkness. Same as this, you can see the true beauty of a person only when there are darkness and inner light within them. A new chapter of life starts after the dark. It is up to you whether you want to shine like a star or to remain hidden in the dark. These dark quotes are gathered from various sources and are the sayings of different scholars that will help you to inspire and get you up in the dark times of life.
When you are suffering from dark times, take this as an opportunity to reveal the light inside you. Dark Quotes motivates and gives you hope for a brighter day ahead. Dark times come in every person’s life, some make their way to success while others lose this opportunity. Here is the best collection of dark quotes that I have gathered.
- Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. –Helen Keller
- I know a thing or two about pain and darkness. –Twenty One Pilots — “Lane Boy” (2015)
- Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it. — Martin Luther King Jr.
- We go by the major vote, and if the majority are insane, the sane must go to the hospital. As Satan said, “Evil, be thou my good,” so they say, “Darkness, bo thou my light.” — Horace Mann
- Everything has its wonders, even darkness, and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein to be content. — Helen Keller
- You think darkness is your ally. You’ve merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the light until I was a man and by then it was only blinding. — Bane
- “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.”
Dark Quotes About Life
Every person is like a moon and always shows his bright side but never shows his dark side to anyone. Darkness exists in everyone’s life but nobody likes to show it. Darkness is a gift but it can take a long time to understand this. Some take it as a gift while others get frightened. These Dark quotes about life will inspire you to find the light in the darkness.
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”― Martin Luther King Jr
- “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” ― Plato
- “There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.” ― Bram Stoker, Dracula
- “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”― Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man
- “A man must dream a long time in order to act with grandeur, and dreaming is nursed in darkness.”― Jean Genet
- “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.”― Og Mandino
Dark Quotes About Love
Dark Quotes about love are the ones you need in a situation where you want to express and reveal your love and where you are facing dark times in your love life. These quotes will reflect your desires and passion for love.
- “He held my face in his palms, those malevolent eyes deceptively peaceful. Like the eye of a hurricane. No wind. No rain. No storm. But surrounded by chaos and followed by mayhem. Destruction was the only thing it left behind, leaving nothing it touched unruined. That was Saint. A deadly hurricane, and there was not a chance in hell I’d survive the storm.”― Bella J., The Rise of Saint
- “Completely ruined, I thought. Normal was out the window and floating to the stars.”― Amanda Littrell, Keeping Her Toy
- “If you take yourself too seriously, no one will. But if you don’t take yourself seriously enough, no one else will either.”― H.L. Sudler, The Looking Glass
- “They were like two trains set on a collision course. Better for all those involved if they do not relish each other’s company.”― Renée Ahdieh, The Beautiful
- “He turned me, looming over me with a secret promise in his eyes. Oh Sweet Heavens!”― Amanda Littrell, Keeping Her Toy
- “He is my ruin. My complete and utter devastation.”― Maria Luis, Sound of Madness
Dark Quotes About Pain
Suffering and pain are the two aspects where a person loses patience. Pain is only a short term factor, it comes usually from our most beloved ones. These dark quotes about pain will give you relief and help you to endure that pain and prove to be the best painkiller. Read More Quotes About Alone Quotes 2020
- “It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.”― Chuck Palahniuk, Diary
- They say don’t wound what you can’t kill, well..where’s the fun in just killing you?… I love to wound and wound and wound, and just when you feel am gonna kill you…I’ll wound you again,.and then I’ll kill you. – JayDark
- “I think you still love me, but we can’t escape the fact that I’m not enough for you. I knew this was going to happen. So I’m not blaming you for falling in love with another woman. I’m not angry, either. I should be, but I’m not. I just feel pain. A lot of pain. I thought I could imagine how much this would hurt, but I was wrong.” ― Haruki Murakami
- The death of the soul is more painful than that of the body – Pride Ed